freetds - [freetds] freetds with DBD::Sybase 1.01 and stored procedure problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Adam H. Lewenberg" <adamhl AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] freetds with DBD::Sybase 1.01 and stored procedure problem
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:05:47 -0600

We recently upgraded from DBD::Sybase 0.94 to DBD::Sybase 1.01 as well
as from perl 5.6.1 to perl 5.8.0. We use DBD::Sybase along with
freetds 0.61 to connect to an MS SQL Server (version 7). After the
upgrade we are getting intermittent problems executing stored
procedures that contain transactions. These SPs will sometimes (but
not always) fail. This did NOT happen before the upgrade. The
$DBI:errstr is not returning anything useful, so I do not know why the
SP is failing.

Does anyone know of any differences between version 0.94 and 1.01 that
might account for this?

I realize this is rather vague, so if anyone has any suggestions on what we might do to narrow the problem down I would welcome them.
Thanks.