freetds - [freetds] Does JdbcOdbc work with FreeTDS on Linux?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: comet.friend AT gmx.net
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Does JdbcOdbc work with FreeTDS on Linux?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:17:19 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

sorry for asking something that has been asked before on this list, but the
reply given then
doesn't quite answer my question, which is:

*Is it possible to use the JdbcOdbc driver from Sun together with unixODBC
and FreeTDS
to access an MS SQL Server 2000 from a Linux client?*

I was able to install and configure both unixODBC and FreeTDS and I can
connect to the
database with the DataManager program from the unixODBC package. But my JSP
based
web application running on a Tomcat 4.0.6 LE servlet container cannot. On MS
Windows the
webapp uses JNDI to access the database via an ODBC datasource.

In the logs I find one of two error messages all the time.
(1) No suitable driver.
(2) I'm told that I am not in the list of trusted connections.

I have tried many things already, but I seem to not get it working. Now I
found some
sources saying that Sun's JdbcOdbc can only be used under Windows. If this
is true, I'll
stop my efforts to get it running on Linux, but my hope is that it can be
used on Unix along
with unixODBC and FreeTDS...

Any hint for what I should watch out here greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Alex

  • [freetds] Does JdbcOdbc work with FreeTDS on Linux?, comet . friend, 11/15/2003