freetds - RE: [freetds] Problem with current snapshot

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Simon Talbot" <simont AT nse.co.uk>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problem with current snapshot
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:08:48 -0000

Hmmm,

There could be a clue in here, by changing the client character set as
you suggested to:

client charset = WINDOWS-1252

The WARNING messages were indeed removed -- BUT the main problem of:

DB-Library error:
iconv E2BIG: Error converting between character sets. Output
buffer exhausted.
Operating-system error:
OpenClient
agrep: dblib.c:416: buffer_transfer_bound_data: Assertion `idx >= 0'
failed.
Aborted

WAS ALSO CURED

So it sounds like the WARNING Messages I was receiving were consuming a
buffer of some description which wasn't being properly cleared out and
after enough of the messages was filling up and causing the main message
and fault.

Simon