freetds - Re: [freetds] Contribution to FreeTDS (CE support added)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Contribution to FreeTDS (CE support added)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 14:13:36 -0500

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:55:54 +0800 (CST), Keith Mok <ek9852 AT yahoo.com.hk>
wrote:

> I am a software programmer who wants to contribute to FreeTDS.

Welcome to the project, Keith.

> Currently I have already add WinCE Pocket PC 2002 support to FreeTDS
> V0.61.2. However I am using sqlxxx.h from M$. Do you know if there is
> any substitution ?

We have files by the same name in our include/ directory. They are
intended to replace Microsoft's .h files.

FreeTDS compiles under Win32 with VC++, Borland, and gcc. I think you're
the first one to mention CE, though! It will be interesting to look at
your patch.

> Whom can I send the patch to ?

Patches are best posted to our Source Forge site. You can send them here,
too, but they can get lost if you do that. Uploading a patch to Source
Forge triggers a mail message to this list, notifying us automatically.

We prefer patches against the CVS head. Patches against a release
typically can't be applied to current code. Our modus operandi seems to
be that we code quickly and release slowly. ;-)

> Also I want to add unicode support (utf8 and SQBNCHAR support) for TDS7,
> any one is working on it now?

Do you mostly use Windows, or some unix-like OS?

Current CVS has UTF-8 support. One of the main "bragging points" of the
next release (0.62) will be that it supports UTF-8 clients e.g. Red Hat 9.
This aspect could really, really use a thorough unit test, as well as
real-world testing. It would make me very happy to know someone such as
yourself was both using it and participating on the list.