freetds - Re: [freetds] How to set charset with unixODBC and Freetds ???

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to set charset with unixODBC and Freetds ???
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 01:10:33 -0500

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, fabien <fabien AT secureops.com> wrote:
> I'm using TDS version 8.0 because I'm using a log of bigint into my
> database...
>
> Now, the problem, I cannot inserted accentuated characters, but I can
> with TDS version 4.2 and I need TDS version 8.0 for bigint...
>
> SQL> create table test (id bigint, nb bigint, str varchar (255))
> SQL> insert into test (1, 1, 'é')
> [unixODBC] Msg 105, Level 15, State 1, Server DUALX, Line 1
> Unclosed quotation mark before the character string '...'.
>
> In looking my dump file, I saw that the character set is not set... OK,
> but where can I set it ? I tryed in the freetds.conf file, but this file
> seems to be not read with unixODBC... No ???

unixODBC is the Driver Manager. FreeTDS is the driver that unixODBC is
managing. freetds.conf is the file FreeTDS reads to determine how/where
to connect to your server.

You might need a more recent version of FreeTDS.

What version of OS are your running?
Can you insert such strings with tsql?
What does the "client charset" entry look like in freetds.conf and
locale.conf?
Did you link FreeTDS with libiconv?
What character set is the client machine using?