freetds - Re: [freetds] successfully installed php/freetds on linux but...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Henry Harvey <thisismyphlist AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] successfully installed php/freetds on linux but...
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:41:32 -0800 (PST)

Daniel,

You are right.
I have left an old copy of php.
The php that root and www are using is
/usr/bin/php
and the regular user is using
/usr/local/bin/php

My machine is a Mandrake 9.1 box.
The php was installed upon setup from RPMs

When I wanted to add the mssql support for
php, what I did was:
* look at the phpinfo() and copied all the
configure command options (--prefix=/usr
.............)
and used all those
+ --with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds

so, I presume that --prefix=/usr was not
the path of the existing php installation
before I installed the one with mssql support?

--- Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT axelero.hu> wrote:
> - multiple copies of php (you probably left an old
> version around
> alongside the new)
> - different copies of php.ini (if you compiled mssql
> support for php as
> a module instead of built-in)

> - failed to update the Apache module

how?

> 2. To see if it's a problem with the ini file
> (again, multiple
> different copies being in use), run
>
> php -i | grep php.ini
>
> (Again test it in the different accounts.)

For all users, it gives me "/usr/local/lib"
but if I do a find / -name php.ini on my system,
there's only /etc/php.ini

> 3. Different behavior via the browser and from the
> command-line is not
> at all unusual, since the apache module SAPI of php
> and the
> command-line 'cli' SAPI of php are not the same and
> could have been
> built at a separate time with different options.
> Are you sure you didn't forget specifying
> '--with-apxs' (for Apache
> 1.3.x) or '--with-apxs2' (for Apache 2) for php's
> ./configure script
> when you added mssql support?

for the apache module of php, I tried giving
it --with-apxs and it failed:
Sorry, I was not able to successfully run APXS.
Possible reasons:
1. Perl is not installed;
2. Apache was not compiled with DSO support
(--enable-module=so);
3. 'apxs' is not in your path. Try to use
--with-apxs=/path/to/apxs

I searched on my system for any apxs* and I
can't see any. Like php, this is pre-installed
upon setup of Mandrake 9.1. Version of apache is
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.27 (Mandrake
Linux/8mdk)

> Locate where libphp4.so is on your system and see if
> it's been
> correctly updated.

sorry for my question, but how? it's binary

> Try opening a <?php phpinfo(); ?> script via your
> browser and see if
> the configure command listed is the one where you
> added mssql support.

not the one with mssql support yet.

Thank you