freetds - RE: [freetds] Max OS X Panther (solved?)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Max OS X Panther (solved?)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:09:18 -0500

the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.

Excellent. I think you're the third one to report success with John's hack.

I'm very reluctant to "upgrade" our libtool; there are too many unknowns as
far as I'm concerned. I'm much happier trying to patch it for now.

Could someone please post a "diff -u libtool-orig libtool"? I wonder if
it's not possible to patch ltmain.sh such that libtool Just Works on OS X.
Then we can all go home early.

Also, what version are y'all running? Is everyone using 10.3? Because
there are several case statements in ltmain.sh that look like they might be
references to the version number. I'm guessing, of course. Example:

case $host in
*-*-rhapsody* | *-*-darwin1.[012])
^^^ OS X 0/1/2?
# On Rhapsody replace the C library is the System framework
compile_deplibs=`$echo "X $compile_deplibs" \
| $Xsed -e 's/ -lc / -framework System /'`
finalize_deplibs=`$echo "X $finalize_deplibs" \
| $Xsed -e 's/ -lc / -framework System /'`
;;
esac

In any event, we might be able to trace back where line 205 is generated and
fix the distribution. That would be nice, better than documenting the patch
in the UG.