freetds - RE: [freetds] MS SQL Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Swapna_Anand <Swapna_Anand AT Satyam.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] MS SQL Server 2000
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:19:59 +0530

Hi All,

TDSDUMP shows this much

Starting log file for FreeTDS 0.62.dev.20030410 with debug level 99.
iconv will convert client-side data to the "ASCII" character set
2003-10-29 13:47:08.867310 Connecting to 172.18.57.150 port 1433, TDS 7.0.

Command I gave

./tsql -S CCR2MSG2F08 -U sa -P satyam -p 1433 -I
/dev/fs/C/SFU/usr/examples/freetds-0.62.dev.20030410/freetds.conf

I have tried debugging with "printfs"

locale is "POSIX:POSIX:POSIX:POSIX:POSIX:POSIX"
charset is "ASCII"
option is S
option is U
option is P
option is p
option is I
abt to open connection
CONFIG.C:login server name CCR23MSG2F08
host name=mymachine,servr name=CCR23MSG2F08
here the connect_info->host_name val is mymachine
logfile specfd =/tmp/freetds.log and host name=mymachine (login.c in
/src/tds)
before tds7_send_login (login.c in /src/tds)
abt to put the string of the host--calls the tds_put_string-for hostname
(login.c in /src/tds)
bpc is 0---this is in write.c file
tsql: Assertion failed: "bpc", file write.c, line 128
Abort (core dumped)

That means tds->iconv_info->server_charset.max_bytes_per_char is
0(/src/tds/write.c).
TDS Gurus-please comment.

Thanks
Swapna