freetds - [freetds] ODBC Failure...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Fraser" <djwfraser AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] ODBC Failure...
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:30:15 +0100

Hi guys,

This one is probably for Freddy...

I've noted a failure in the ODBC code under very specific
circumstances.

The symptom is that SQLExecute seems to work, but
attempts to subsequently access returned rows fail, at a check
in SQLFetchData which shows that the stmt->cursor_state is
closed.

The specific circumstances are that it only occurs when all
three of the following conditions are true:
1) TDS_NO_DM is defined
2) ENABLE_DEVELOPING is defined
3) SQLPrepare/SQLExecute is called
(i.e. if SQLExecuteDirect is called instead then the problem does
NOT occur).

'Fraid I've run out of time to look further into this issue.
Hopefully, that narrows it down.

Of course, I realise that I'm asking for trouble by enabling
ENABLE_DEVELOPING - just keeping you informed really,
but if you have a patch, I wouldn't mind it.

Cheers,

David
--
David Fraser, Consultant, Abelon Systems Ltd, UK
http://www.abelon.com

  • [freetds] ODBC Failure..., David Fraser, 10/24/2003