freetds - [freetds] Re: Date/Time and Currency (was: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 9, Issue 9)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Re: Date/Time and Currency (was: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 9, Issue 9)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:52:22 -0400

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:47:34 +0200, "David Nsengiyumva"
<davidn AT finsolutions.co.za> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone tell me how FreeTDS handles Date/Time and Currency values. I
> am running FreeTDS version 7.0 accessing MS SQL Sever and it works fine
> for anything else but Date/Time and currency values. Basically when I
> run a query that is supposed to return Date/Time values then the
>
> static int
> _ct_bind_data(CS_COMMAND * cmd) {
> }
>
> in the ct-lib fails(returns CS_ROW_FAIL).

I relinked sqsh to current CVS just to check. sqsh uses ct-lib and seems
to have no problem with this conversion.

$ sqsh -S$S -U$U -P$P
sqsh-2.1 Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Scott C. Gray
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
For more information type '\warranty'
[1] varley.FreeTDS.1> select cast(getdate() as smalldatetime) as Now
[1] varley.FreeTDS.2> go
Now
Oct 10 2003 03:45PM

(1 row affected)

--jkl

P.S. It's a good idea to change the subject line if you reply to a
digest.