freetds - [freetds] Free TDS always tries domain login even when explicitly disabled.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Hable, Kristofer J." <hablekj AT mail.slh.wisc.edu>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Free TDS always tries domain login even when explicitly disabled.
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:48:36 -0500

Hi, I have a Redhat 9.0 server with PHP 4.3.3 + FreeTDS .61 and Apache 2

Problem: When I try connecting to a MSSQL 2K server using a valid SQL server
account I get denied.
"Reason: Not > associated with a trusted SQL Server connection".

Clues:

1. If I use a valid domain account (with the proper privileges) the
connection works.
2. My SQL server is set to accept both domain logins and sql server
logins. (mixed mode)
3. I can connect fine with tsql and any account domain or sql server..

It seems like my free tds connections from PHP are always domain type
connections even though I have domain connections explicitly turned off in the
freetds conf.

My next thoughts are to try a lower version of freetds..

Any ideas?

Kristofer J Hable, Webmaster
Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene
465 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706
hablekj AT mail.slh.wisc.edu
1-608-262-7412
http://www.slh.wisc.edu

  • [freetds] Free TDS always tries domain login even when explicitly disabled., Hable, Kristofer J., 09/25/2003