freetds - RE: [freetds] SQLPrepare, SQL Execute fails on SQL 7 but works o n SQL 2K

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rogers, Tom" <tom.rogers AT ccur.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] SQLPrepare, SQL Execute fails on SQL 7 but works o n SQL 2K
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:07:34 -0400

The calls used UnixODBC and our own "wrapper" on top of that. Our wrapper
would throw C++ errors IF an error was encountered. We seem to be getting
an error from the SQLPrepare, as you can see, but it isn't getting returned
as an error from FreeTDS/UnixODBC. What is strange is that this works fine
on SQL2K, but seems to throw a server-side syntax error under SQL 7 when
calling sp_prepare. All prepared statements on SQL 7 fail with a syntax
error, but only when called from FreeTDS/UnixODBC.

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with msodbc.

Thomas Rogers
System Engineer
Concurrent Computer Corporation
phone: 215.712.7422 x7261