freetds - [freetds] (no subject)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Nsengiyumva" <davidn AT finsolutions.co.za>
  • To: <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • Cc: freetds-request AT lists.ibiblio.org, jklowden AT schemamania.org, freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org, freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:41:20 +0200

Hi there,
Thanx Frediano for replying to my messages.
First I am using Win32 and DbLib..I don't want to use ODBC 'cause it's kind
of slow and my company does not want it.
I did not remove the loop that discover when connect happen. What happens is
that when sending a sql query "select" fails and timeout.

>From what I understand we've got this layered structure with FreeTDS:

Client App
ct-lib | db-lib | ODBC | JDBC | etc
TDS-lib
Network comm
DB Server

So I am working on the TDS-lib layer of the structure. Just sending and
receiving data stream. As far as the config is concerned it doesn't matter
'cause as long as the sent data are correct I should have communication with
the server and I've used environment variables which in any case FreeTDS
does use to connect so it shouldn' really be a problem with the config.

What I don't understand is that if select does succeed the first time when
connecting, why does it fails when I try to send a query??? What am I
missing???

David

  • [freetds] (no subject), David Nsengiyumva, 09/08/2003