freetds - RE: [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 7, Issue 37

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Nsengiyumva" <davidn AT finsolutions.co.za>
  • To: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • Cc: freetds-request AT lists.ibiblio.org, freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org, freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 7, Issue 37
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:13:09 +0200

Hi all,

I am just wondering...In the documentation for FreeTDS it says (x1025.htm
file) that among the combinations of FreeTDS Clients and Servers that works
an Intel/Win2000 Client and an Intel/Windows NT 4.0 server works but I am
just wondering (or maybe I don't really understand...),I've checked the
source code for the tds lib and it seems that it uses BSD stream sockets
over TCP/IP and I think one has to use Windows socket libraries (ws2_32.lib
or winsock32.lib or whatever...) to get sockets work on Windows!!! So how
can FreeTDS be working with a Win2000 Client???

Thanx

David