freetds - [freetds] (no subject)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Nsengiyumva" <davidn AT finsolutions.co.za>
  • To: <mickael AT easyplay.com.tw>
  • Cc: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:22:45 +0200

Hi there

I am writting some codes in C++ and need to connect to a MS SQL Server and
Sybase Db and have opted to use FreeTDS lib. I was searching some
documentations on the web and came accross Michael's C++ wrapper for
FreeTDS. I am very new with the library and am working on Win32
platform(Win2000 OS and C++ Builder). I have built the library with C++
Builder and I am trying to use Michael's C++ wrapper classes but the
"Login(void)" function of the FreeTDS object throws an exception when it
gets to "ct_connect(conn, (CS_CHAR*)Server.c_str(), CS_NULLTERM)"...What
could be the problem? What do I actually need to configure so that I can use
FreeTDS with Michael's C++ wrapper classes on Windows? Or just what do I
need to configure and build in order to use FreeTDS on Windows?

Thanx a lot

David