freetds - [freetds] Problem with Stored Procedure ouput parameters

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thomas P. Walpole" <twalpole AT adelphia.net>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Problem with Stored Procedure ouput parameters
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:26:36 -0700

Hello,
I'm new to FreeTDS and am using it with iODBC. I am using FreeTDS
0.61.2

The problem I have is when attempting to call a stored procedure on a
SQL Server 2000 database I don't receive the output parameters

I am using a statement of the form "{?=call procname(?)}"
Both placeholders are bound as output variables in my code . Upon
executing the call I receive the function result correctly (first '?'),
but nothing for the output parameter of the procedure.

Should this currently work in FreeTDS???

Looking at the log files generated I see that FreeTDS converts the
"call" to an "exec" in native.c and does only receive the function
result packet.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Tom Walpole