freetds - RE: [freetds] Need help with SQL server stored procedure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT bluewin.ch>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Need help with SQL server stored procedure
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:40:39 +0200

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 18:25, Staats, Frederick W wrote:
> I noticed that DBD::Sybase was broken with freetds 0.61. When I tracked
> down the problem in June it appeared to be due to a patch in the return
> codes from a different bug. Here is the email thread I had with the
> Michael
> Peppler the maintainer of Sybase::DBD. He was going to follow up on it
> but I don't know the current status. Included in the email is a patch
> to DBD::Sybase but if the CVS for freetds is working then someone also
> fixed on the freetds side.

Frederick's patch looks like this:

> if(failFlag || retcode == CS_FAIL || retcode == CS_CANCELED)
> return CS_CMD_FAIL;
>
> - /* FreeTDS added a result code CS_END_RESULTS */
> - /* Do the right thing with it Frederick Staats, 6/26/03 */
> - if(retcode == CS_END_RESULTS)
> - restype= CS_CMD_DONE;
> -
> imp_sth->lastResType = restype;

The Sybase libraries' version of ct_results(&restype) also return
CS_END_RESULTS when all the data has been fetched, but it sets the
restype to either CS_CMD_DONE or CS_CMD_FAIL in that situation. The
patch above is needed because FreeTDS sets the restype to some other
value for the final call to ct_results() - which may be a bug in
FreeTDS.

Michael

  • RE: [freetds] Need help with SQL server stored procedure, Michael Peppler, 08/14/2003