freetds - RE: [freetds] ODBC patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Deacon <peterd AT iea-software.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] ODBC patch
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:50:22 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:

> > I'm still scratching my head on what caused this one. :(

I was able to reproduce it a few times in a row origionally.. After I
finished running my script manually to help figure out the problem it
didn't show again.

IIRC the query it tripped on looked something like this:

IF (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ...) = 0
BEGIN
INSERT INTO ...
INSERT INTO ...
END

There were dozens of others that were identical except for the values
checked/added and they all ran successfully.

Tried building new databases to recreate the origional senario but
that didn't work either. :(

Was quite busy fixing other problems outside of FreeTDS :) at the time and
I suppose it's possible something might have overflowed into one of the
TDS structures.

> Me too... I don't understand why this can be NULL... If you find a way
> to reproduce the problem I'll very happy.
> In meantime I merged your fix.

cool, thanks freddy. I've got it marked, I'll let you know if it comes
up again.

take care,
Peter