freetds - Re: [freetds] Domain Login, MSSQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Domain Login, MSSQL
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:25:44 -0400

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:13:59 -0500, "Chris Hettinger"
<chettinger AT encompas.com> wrote:
> This morning I was again trying to make a test connection with tsql, but
> encountered the same "Not trusted..." message. I then took a look at the
> man page on tsql and it struck me that the line option -S <servername>
> was really the name I put for the server in the freetds.conf file ex:
> [ENCPPP]

Right, Chris. "tsql -S ENCPPP" tells FreeTDS to look up the ENCPPP entry
in freetds.conf.

... I then edited the freetds.conf file to reflect:

> [ENCPPP]
> host = 192.168.1.245 <-- I originally this as:
> encppp.encompass.enc, and was using -S encppp.encompass.enc port
> = 1433 tds version = 7.0
> try domain login = yes
> try server login = no
> nt domain = ENCOMPASS
>
> Now when I made the test connection: $ tsql -S ENCPPP -U chettinger, I
> connected successfully after entering my password.

Great! As long as "ping encppp.encompass.enc" works, this should work,
too:

[ENCPPP]
host = encppp.encompass.enc
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0

$ tsql -S ENCPPP -U 'ENCOMPASS\chettinger'