freetds - RE: [freetds] excluding libiconv

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] excluding libiconv
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:16:07 +0100

Hey Alex,

It's because I do have an iconv installed as part of my Solaris environment,
but it's not able to perform the conversions that freeTDS requires.
I don't want to install gnu iconv, as that raises a substantial
pre-requisite for freetds installation on many of my servers.
So I want a way for configure and the subsequent make of freetds to ignore
the iconv I have as part of Solaris, and use the freetds replacements
instead.

Bill