freetds - [freetds] COMPILATION UNDER QNX 4.25

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: GUTIERREZ Pablo TESIS-TAMSA <Tesgup AT tamsa.com.mx>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] COMPILATION UNDER QNX 4.25
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:18:17 -0500

Hi,

I'd like to help to make freetds easier to be built under QNX 4.25/WATCOM C,
so here I throw some issues into consideration:

1)
The fd_set type under QNX 4 is declared into <sys/select.h>
So every time I download a new version I have to put the following lines
into read.c login.c and write.c

#if defined (__QNX__) && (__WATCOMC__)
#include <sys/select.h>
#endif

Do you think is it possible to add these lines to read.c login.c and
write.c?

2)
The gnu functions VSNPRINTF and SNPRINTF exits in WATCOM C, but they are
with a different name:
GNU
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int vsnprintf( char* buf, size_t count, const char* format, va_list arg );

QNX
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int _vbprintf (char* buf, size_t count, const char* format, va_list arg );
LINUX
#include <stdio.h>
int snprintf(char *str, size_t size, const char *format, ...);

QNX
#include <stdio.h>
int _bprintf (char* buf, size_t count, const char* format, ...);

What can be done so configuration script detect them?

PD: Watcom C/C++ is the de facto (and only?) C compilator under QNX 4.
QNX 6 (neutrino) doesn't have WATCOM C, so these lines shouldn't affect the
compilation under QNX6.

Mis cordiales saludos,
Ing. Pablo Gutierrez