freetds - [freetds] Login incorrect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Anderson <panic AT semiosix.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Login incorrect
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:28:53 -0000

Things were working until I fetched the latest CVS, and now I get these:

/usr/src/freetds# tsql -S roundbox -U bapi -P ----
locale is "C"
locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
Msg 20004, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Read from SQL server failed.
Msg 20014, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Login incorrect.
There was a problem connecting to the server

/usr/src/freetds# sqsh -S roundbox -U bapi -P ----
sqsh-2.1 Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Scott C. Gray
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
For more information type '\warranty'
Open Client Message
Layer 0, Origin 0, Severity 78, Number 36
Read from SQL server failed.
Open Client Message
Layer 0, Origin 0, Severity 78, Number 46
Login incorrect.

It's happening with every server I have access to. Yes, I have checked
to see that capslock is off ;-)

It's also happening with the nightly snapshot that I downloaded about 5
minutes ago.

bye
John