freetds - [freetds] configure broken under FreeBSD?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Stevenson <andrews AT ntt.net.au>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] configure broken under FreeBSD?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:19:45 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I'm trying to build freetds from CVS under FreeBSD 4.8. configure would
alwaysd fail complaining:

configure: error: tag name "CXX" already exists

This was while it was testing the linker characteristics of the fortran
compiler. Wondering why it was looking at the fortran compiler at all I
commented out 2 lines from configure:

tagnames=`echo "$tagnames,CXX" | sed 's/^,//'`
tagnames=`echo "$tagnames,F77" | sed 's/^,//'`

and configure now runs successfully. make fails as it can't find
getservbyname_r but I'm sure I'll work that one out in time.

I thought I should let others know in case they run into the same problem
and perhaps get someone to fix it (or tell me why I was getting it wrong
:-)

Thanks,

Andrew