freetds - Re: [freetds] dblib problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: "Frank M. Kromann" <frank AT kromann.info>, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dblib problems
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:07:06 -0400

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:08:32 -0700, "Frank M. Kromann"
<frank AT kromann.info> wrote:
> I have compiled dblib on Win32, and changed the mssql extension for PHP
> to use this library. Everything compiles links and loads fine, but when
> I try to connect I get this error:
>
> src/tds/login.c: tds_connect (timed): Invalid argument

Hi Frank,

I don't know what led us to use perror(3) there instead of tds_dump()....

The error means that connect(2) was passed something invalid. Timeout
handling was changed recently; I wonder if there's a missing/wrong defined
constant being used to set up struct sockaddr under Win32? There's not
enough information in the log to know. Does your preprocessor see
SO_LINGER and/or SO_KEEPALIVE ? Does the same thing happen if you undo
the changes from 1.96 to 1.97 of login.c? We don't check the return codes
for the ioctl() calls; perhaps one of them is going awry silently.

I don't think my iconv work could affect this....

I don't see that you're "missing" anything. Clearly under Win32 the error
message could be better (what's new?). The trick lies in finding out
what's making connect() unhappy. Please try making the error checking
more pedantic and see if that flushes anything out. Let me know if
there's something you think I should/could do.

Regards,