freetds - Re: [freetds] Freedom from iconv day

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Freedom from iconv day
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:33:14 -0400 (EDT)

Actually, there are lots of messages generated directly from the client
libraries (meaning in Sybase OpenClient). "Attempt to initiate new query
with results pending", datatype conversion errors, some bcp stuff all come
to mind. I think it's probably an ok way to deal with it.

Mind you, that's not an excemption from return a FAIL where appropriate, but
in this case with a dbnextrow() and a partial failure (some data
translated, some didn't...not an outright failure) i think it's the best we
could hope for.

Brian