freetds - Re: [freetds] PHP, MSSQL and DTS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Arnar Birgisson" <ArnarB AT oddi.is>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] PHP, MSSQL and DTS
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:15:27 +0000

Hello..

I can't find a direct way to execute DTS packages from T-SQL in the
docs (nor in my DTS book). As I see it, you have some options:

1. write an extended procedure (in c++) that executes the package and
call it from PHP
2. set the package execution up as a SQLAgent job and execute it via
sp_start_job
3. Create an OLE Automation (ActiveX) object, f.x. in VB that executes
your package and activate the object via sp_OA* procedures

You might also be able to activate the package directly through the
sp_OA* procedures. I haven't tried any of this but the simplest one
might be no. 2, I think.

Arnar

>>> postmaster AT svenbentlage.de 24.6.2003 22:35:18 >>>
Hi!

I am looking for a way to activate Data Transformation Services (DTS)

via PHP (using freetds).
Is there a way to do this?

Any help or hints would be really appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Sven