freetds - [freetds] New to FreeTDS / ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chad Udell <chadu AT mac.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] New to FreeTDS / ODBC
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:45:01 -0500

I am attempting to setup a Redhat Linux 9 box with PHP 4.2.2 and Apache 2.0.40 to connect with a MSSQL server database using FreeTDS. This has been headache after headache.

i am able to connect with tsql fine. My ODBC connection scripts from PHP on the other hand are a bit different...

I am currently getting the following error:
SQL error: [unixODBC]Client unable to establish connection, SQL state S1000 in SQLConnect in /var/www/html/rossmach/odbc_test.php

the error is coming from this statement:
$connection = odbc_connect("Driver=TDS;Server=192.168.0.3:1433;Database=ARMCODATA", "username", "password", "Integrated Security=NO") or
die(odbc_error());

My freetds.conf file contains this info for the DSN:
[TDS]
host = 192.168.0.3
port = 1433
tds version = 4.2

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Any help is very welcome.

Chad