freetds - [freetds] TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Isak Johnsson <isak AT hypergene.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:59:33 +0200

Hello,

I'm new here, so please excuse me if I'm missing something.

I'm trying to build the CVS version of FreeTDS on Mac OS X 10.2. Autoconf, automake, libtool, readline and libiconv are built and installed with current stable versions and I have patched ltmain.sh according to the FreeTDS FAQ.

This is the configure command:
./configure --enable-static=no --enable-shared=yes --enable-msdblib --enable-developing --with-iodbc --with-gnu-ld --with-tdsver=8.0

Make fails when linking because the symbol TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY is multiply defined.

It seems that this symbol is defined on line 882 of tds.h:
enum { client2ucs2, client2server_singlebyte, ascii2server_metadata } TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY;

As far as I know C this is a variable declaration so each file that includes tds.h will have their own variable.

How is it used, as a global variable or as a type? If it's a global variable, I think that it should be extern or static. If it's a type, wouldn't this be the correct line?
enum TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY { client2ucs2, client2server_singlebyte, ascii2server_metadata };

Thanks for any help!

Isak Johnsson,
Developer, Hypergene AB, Sweden