freetds - [freetds] Safely upgrading to the lastest FreeTDS version from 0.60

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Joel Apter" <japter AT ibxtech.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Safely upgrading to the lastest FreeTDS version from 0.60
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:57:23 -0400

I currently have 0.60 installed on our development webserver. I would like
to install 0.61 to take advantage of some of the newly implement ODBC
functions (specifically for use with libodbc++). I would like to make sure
that I take all precautions when upgrading to ensure best compatability with
currently running applications and to basically just not screw anything up.
Is there anything special that I need to do when installing .61 over .60 or
should the regular install from scratch instructions be sufficient? Also,
are there certain files that I should backup in case they get overwritten or
in case the upgrade goes wrong that I can restore and hopefully fall back to
0.60 if need be? Thank you for your time.

-Joel