freetds - [freetds] BCP performance

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Cooperman, Marc (Exchange)" <MCooperman AT bear.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] BCP performance
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:39:03 -0400

I've seen some postings that freebcp is slow.

I can testify to this for Solaris -> Windows.

I'd like to know if this is a code/application problem, or it might be a
tweakable UNIX/PC allergic reaction in the TCP/IP stack. Perhaps turning off
Nagle at the sender/client might help.

If anyone has succeeded in tuning freebcp, I'd appreciate some pointers.

I need to use it to bcp tabe serparated ASCII text.

Thanks

Marc S. Cooperman