freetds - Re: [freetds] Feature request

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Laurent Papier <papier AT sdv.fr>
  • To: shahryar AT n2h2.com, freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Feature request
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:16:15 +0200

On Tue, 27 May 2003 09:41:43 -0700 (PDT)
"Shahryar G. Hashemi" <shahryar AT n2h2.com> wrote:

> Is there no way in PHP to tell it to delete all white spaces from a
> variable?
>
> I know you can do an rtrim() function to remove any blank characters from a
> variable. I do not know if that helps.

You are right. We can do it with PHP, but when you have about 400 web sites
writen with sybase driver, you can't easily modify all PHP scripts ...

We can also convert not null CHAR column to null CHAR column, but this could
impact insert and update statements.

We are looking for the most transparent way to migrate from sybase to
FreeTDS.

--
Laurent Papier
Admin. systeme - Sdv Plurimedia - <http://www.sdv.fr/>