freetds - [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-733631 ] VMS build update

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply AT sourceforge.net>
  • To: noreply AT sourceforge.net
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-733631 ] VMS build update
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 21:22:56 -0700

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by berryc
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=407808&aid=733631&group_id=33106

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch addresses a variety of issues in the
VMS-specific build process. There are no changes
outside the vms/ directory. Special handling of
character set names is not included here.

The major modifications are:

-o- Own up in our config.h to having locale.h,
nl_langinfo, and readline.

-o- Build the pool server (still untested).

-o- Completely redone getpass() implementation,
including an infrastructure on which we now hang a
home-grown readline.

-o- Update list of ODBC functions to match what's
currently implemented.

-o- No longer export ODBC functions that are not
implemented.

The files affected are:

vms/configure.com
vms/config_h.vms
vms/descrip_mms.template
vms/getpass.c
vms/libodbc.opt
vms/odbc_driver_axp.opt
vms/README.vms
vms/odbc_unimplemented.c

N.B. vms/odbc_unimplemented.c will be reduced to nil
by the patch, but it probably also needs "cvs remove"
to get it past being not quite dead yet.