freetds - Re: [freetds] Transactions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Anderson <ardour AT semiosix.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Transactions
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:15:32 -0000

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 07:38, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Il mar, 2003-05-13 alle 23:09, John Anderson ha scritto:
> > On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 22:35, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > > Did you use SQL_HANDLE_ENV or SQL_HANDLE_DBC ??
> >
> > SQL_HANDLE_DBC. The code I'm using runs correctly with the postgres odbc
> > driver, and with the EasySoft ODBC-ODBC bridge to a SQL Server 2000
> > server.
> >

> Strange. Can you post a snipped of the code ?

Very strange. I had a look at the internals of SQLEndTran and it looked
OK to me. So I'm really baffled as to where exactly the error it.

#ifdef USE_SQL_TRANSACT
_connection.result() = ::SQLTransact (
0
, _connection.handle()
, type
);
#else
// this gives and invalid handle error with FreeTDS
_connection.result() = ::SQLEndTran (
_connection.handleType()
, _connection.handle()
, type
);
#endif

where _connection.handle() returns the SQLHANDLE value,
_connection.handleType() is a method that returns SQL_HANDLE_DBC, and
type is a parameter which will be either SQL_COMMIT or SQL_ROLLBACK.

Maybe I should just do a debug build of freetds and breakpoint
SQLEndTran to see what it does. Although that might be tricky given that
the driver manager loads the library?

bye
John