freetds - RE: [freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:11:51 -0000

Il lun, 2003-05-12 alle 17:09, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> [...]

Time ago I compiled on a alpha station without compile warnings...
However compiler complains about a conversion int -> char* (field) ...
The row was "field = strtok_r(...);" So compiler see strtok_r like a
function returning int (like undefined function).

I search in internet strtok_r for header (on HP/UX is in string.h and/or
in strings.h). So I connect to a HP/UX (happily I can use one machine)
and found that strtok_r declaration is surrounded by #ifdef _REENTRANT
... # endif so I suggest to enable thread-safe...

> I told Dan I suspect, as you do, that we're failing to detect one of his
> header files, and that these warning are a consequence of trying to compile
> against an invalid prototype.
>
> My theory is that some misalignment causes a 0 or 1 to be deposited in the
> dump filehandle, resulting in log output going to stdout/stderr.

Perhaps I missed something...