freetds - RE: [freetds] SP Syntax error using freeTDS and UnixODBC on Linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rogers, Tom" <tom.rogers AT ccur.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] SP Syntax error using freeTDS and UnixODBC on Linux
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:16:12 -0400

Okay,I did get the SP to run without causing a syntax error by removing
whitespace, but now, return codes and output params are not coming back,
which was the original problem I was trying to fix.

The SP in question is on a MSSQL 7.0 server, we are using freetds 0.61,
tdsver=7.0. The SP returns no records, and has no rowcounts being returned.
Additionally, we are call SQLMoreResults() until we get SQL_NO_DATA to make
sure there are no recs or diag recs.

Do output params work? Do we need a patch? I saw some issues with the TDS
implementation by MSFT for SQL 7.0 stated in this archives? Will this work?

Thomas Rogers
System Engineer
Concurrent Computer Corporation