freetds - RE: [freetds][freetds-Patches-731907]Choosingdatalengthwhenbindingfixed types

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds][freetds-Patches-731907]Choosingdatalengthwhenbindingfixed types
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 10:03:18 +0200

> Hello
>
> > James, do you agree with this patch?
> > IMHO is not so good. Or we remove the cardinal type from
> > tds_set_column_type (and perhaps column_type from TDSCOLINFO)
> > and change
> > all other code to handle all types or we use tds_set_column_type for
> > params...
>
> I don't know the code enough, but could someone explain to me why it's
> neccessary to map XSYBVARCHAR to SYBVARCHAR, at least for tds
> 7 and up.
>
> Arnar

Cause switch became shorter and cause library handle varchar in the same way.
Defining SQLVARCHAR as XSYBVARCHAR is only a trick... libTDS should use
XSYBVARCHAR if SYBVARCHAR is specified and protocol is TDS7+...

freddy77

  • RE: [freetds][freetds-Patches-731907]Choosingdatalengthwhenbindingfixed types, ZIGLIO Frediano, 05/07/2003