freetds - RE: [freetds] detecting iconv names

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: freetds mailing list <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] detecting iconv names
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:18:40 -0400

So, a script like
OUT=`echo foo | iconv -f iso88591 -t ucs2 | cksum | cut -d ' ' -f 1`
is portable !!!
I must check results cause some iconv put bytes in front of ucs2 if no endian specified...

Is this for building, or testing? Non-GNU implementations likely won't have an iconv program. My mac implementation won't. As long as I can force it with an argument to configure.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin