freetds - [freetds] INT_CANCEL return from DbLib error handler fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Cooperstock, Dan" <dan.cooperstock AT hepcoe.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] INT_CANCEL return from DbLib error handler fails
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:16:28 -0400

I'm returning in INT_CANCEL from the error handler I set with dberrhandle()
in a DbLibrary application using FreeTDS.

As I understand it, that should cause working functions, like dbsqlexec,
which threw an error, to get a bad (not SUCCEED) return value. In fact, what
happens is that dbsqlexec never returns at all - the program just hangs. The
situation that threw the error was that the DBProcess had been killed. (I
did that to test the error handling.)

I'm using version 0.60, on HPUX 11.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Dan Cooperstock, Senior Technical Consultant, HEPCOE Credit Union
dcoops AT hepcoe.com 416-597-5055