freetds - [freetds] using mssql_init with PHP 4.3.1 and FreeTDS 0.61

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jones <jones_mb AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] using mssql_init with PHP 4.3.1 and FreeTDS 0.61
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 03:25:31 -0500

I am trying to access stored procedures in MS SQL 2000 using PHP and FreeTDS. PHP is 4.3.1 and TDS is version 0.61. This is being done on a Linux system (debian distribution).

When I call mssql_init, I get the error message "Fatal error : Call to undefined function: mssql_init() in /www/turnstrends/test.php on line 27". The same happens with mssql_execute. According to http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mssql-init.php, mssql_init is supported from PHP 4.1 onwards.

I am able to connect to the database and run queries using the other mssql_* functions. So far it looks like only stored procedures fail. From other posts I have seen in the archives, I was under the impression that I can use stored procedures.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do to solve this problem?

thanks
jmb