freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: [ freetds-Patches-716340 ] distribute VMS-specific files

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: [ freetds-Patches-716340 ] distribute VMS-specific files
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:53:59 -0400

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:20:57 -0500, "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
wrote:
> At 8:45 AM -0700 4/13/03, Freddy (via SourceForge.net) wrote:
>
> >It turned out that the patch wasn't necessary; all that was
> >required was to add "vms" to EXTRA_DISTS", which I did.
> >
> >VMS files should be included in the distribution from now on.
>
> And I can confirm that they are, thanks. I do notice that vms/CVS
> gets included in the distribution as well, which doesn't happen with
> the other directories. Not a big deal, but would the vms/Makefile.am
> that was part of the patch have prevented this by only selecting the
> files specified in EXTRA_DIST?

No, vms/Makefile.am got seriously in the way. :( The autotools get a bit
confused by a makefile that didn't want to make anything. Maybe there's a
way out (there usually is) but this way was simple.

I didn't think about the CVS files; adding "vms" to the list of
EXTRA_DISTS was just too easy. Otherwise the files to include have to be
enumerated. If they cause you grief, we'll do something.