freetds - Re: [freetds] one more questions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Victor Gamov <vit AT lipetsk.ru>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] one more questions
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:05:00 +0400

Michael Peppler wrote:
On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 03:34, Victor Gamov wrote:

Hi!

I have one more questions about FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase.

My DBD:Sybase-0.94 does not work with freetds-0.61. I have "Segmentation fault" when connect to DB. Yes I can upgrade to 0.99 but I must upgrade Perl in this situation too.

Actually the latest is 1.00.

And why do you need to upgrade perl as well? Which version of perl do
you have?

I use perl-5.005_03 on FreeBSD box. But I was wrong when I say that it need to perl upgrade. I must do it to use DBI later 1.34

And one more question :-) When I use "USE dbname" to check database connectivity and DB connect is dead (freetds says about it) I haven't got raise from driver. Is it correct?

Probably not - although that may depend on how you make that call.

$dbh = DBI->connect(DBI:Sybase:dbhost, user, pass, {RaiseErro=>1, PrintError=>1})
$dbh->do("USE dbname");

connect() is OK. Then I kill this connection on server side and do() method does not throught exception.