freetds - RE: [freetds] First select fails on newly created/populated table fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Carl Edwards" <edwards AT vitesse.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Brent Dooley <bdooley AT bowmansystems.com>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] First select fails on newly created/populated table fails
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:43:43 -0700

I had a very similar problem doing a SELECT followed
by an UPDATE using perl and DBI.

In .60 this was causing core dumps but in .61 it turned
out that the first time it only executed the SELECT and
each time after just the UPDATE???

I e-mailed the list a few times but never resolved
the problem, I eventually changed my SQL to just
do one UPDATE.

Unfortunately I cannot make heads or tails of the
return code from my $dbh->do("UPDATE ... so it is
really hard to tell the difference between an error
and a failed WHERE match.

Good luck,
-Carl Edwards

  • RE: [freetds] First select fails on newly created/populated table fails, Carl Edwards, 04/09/2003