freetds - [freetds] Web based query builder

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "nat" <nat AT nuqe.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Web based query builder
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:19:54 +0100

All,

Sorry if this is a little off thread…

Wondering if anybody could recommend or has used a *good* web based
database SQL query builder?

I’m working on a project where end users need to be able to construct
their own queries, save the queries and result sets, and create new
queries using a previous result set as there source.

Btw, this isn’t just so users can knock together a simple select
statement with a couple of joins and a few where criteria, they’ll be
usually around 7 or 8 joins, many sub selects, and queries to both
temporary tables and tables stored in variables.

I am comfortable to construct the tool, but I am looking for screenshots
or details of existing similar packages so I can get some idea on
interfaces and usability stuff.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Nat,
--