freetds - RE: [freetds] Re:Sample C Program

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Venky Karuppur" <venkykc AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Swapna_Anand AT Satyam.com
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Re:Sample C Program
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:48:26 +0000

Thanks for the reply Swapna.. I still have this nls problem but this is not something major.. What I have now! is the parser(src/tds/config.c) doesn't appear to work properly on Sco platform.. I tried to dump what's been parsed (in function tds_parse_conf_section in src/tds/config.c) and it seems to be printing out the values which wre hashed out and for the hostname it comes with an additional newline
so for ex: option = 'host' value = 'node1 <NewLine>').. Because of this it fails at gethostbyname_r function. I tried to hardcode the value to the gethostbyname_r function but still fails at a different point (at inet_ntoa(hostname) inside src/tds/login.c). I tried writing a small socket routine to test the platform and it works fine!. Any ideas?

Thanks
Venky