freetds - RE: [freetds] dbsqlexec() blocks for ever where database conecti on is lost

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] dbsqlexec() blocks for ever where database conecti on is lost
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:57:49 -0500

Hi Pablo,

> We ported FREE TDS 0.60 to QNX 4.25 and we are using the
> DB-Library API to connect to a SQL SERVER 2000 server.
> In the API status appears that function dbsettime() is not
> implemented yet
> (nor are present the non-standard functions dbpoll() or
> dbdataready() ).

There are people looking at dbpoll(). It will require some reworking of the
socket handling. I wouldn't be surprised to see dbsettime() implemented
along the way.

> The problem is that when you call dbsqlexec()/dbsqlok() on a
> database that
> has just gone offline (i.e after calling dbopen()
> successfully), it blocks
> indefinitely (even if I return INT_EXIT or INT_CANCEL from the error
> handler).

I think you will find that's fixed in 0.61. I know it was worked on and
tested.

I would be happy to add QNX to our "runs on" list. If you could merge your
changes into a recent snapshot and send us a patch, perhaps we could include
them in future releases. Then, when dbpoll() is ready, you won't be
confronted with another porting effort.

Regards,

out such orders and/or instructions.