freetds - RE: [freetds] Sample C Program

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Sample C Program
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:09:52 -0000

Venky,

If you have FeeTDS installed, there is sample code installed in the form of
test harnesses for the various API's.

Briefly, if you are using C code, you should first pick an API to use.
We have three APIs - dblib ctlib and odbc

These are published API's the "manual pages" for the API calls are available
in Sybase manuals (in the case of dblib and ctlib)
or in SQL Server online help ( in the case of dblib and odbc)

Sybase also have sample code in their documentation

There are also test harnesses for the various API's in freetds - see
src/dblib/unittests src/ctlib/unittests src/odbc/unittests

Bill