freetds - RE: [freetds] "Dump file append=yes" segfaults (0.61)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] "Dump file append=yes" segfaults (0.61)
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:52:04 -0500

I'm glad you raised the question, Freddy. It would be good to apply the
patch to the 0.61 branch while it's fresh in our minds. I'll take care of
it if you don't get around to it first. That way, a resourceful person with
the 0.61 release can help himself.

I agree with Brian wrt a point release, only more so. ;-) I wouldn't
bother rolling out a 0.61.1 unless and until we found something
substantially wrong *and* we weren't able to issue 0.62 instead. Until we
arrive at 1.0, I don't see much point in maintaining releases.

I guess I would define "substantially wrong" as the kind of problem that
generates a lot of questions or confusion on this list, or something that
Just Wrong, like our .so numbering mistake in 0.60.

--jkl