freetds - RE: [freetds] installing freedts-0.60

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] installing freedts-0.60
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:27:16 -0000

Hi Lisa,

I *think* you've done something like the following

You've unpacked a freetds tar file into your /apps directory, so you now
have all the software present in /apps/freetds-0.60

You've gone into /apps/freetds-0.60 and run configure.

My guess would be you've run ./configure --prefix=/apps/freetds-0.60

effectively this means that you're trying to install freetds into the same
place that you have installed the source code.

It's more usual to configure freetds with a prefix that is somewhere
different from the place where you unpack and build the software

try re-running configure witha prefix of say --prefix=/apps/freetds

make install will then create the /apps/freetds directory, and underneath it
/include /lib /bin /etc ....

Of course I may be wrong...

Bill