freetds - Re: [freetds] major error with ct_bind

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "James K.Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] major error with ct_bind
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 23:08:32 -0500

At 10:53 PM -0500 3/6/2003, James K.Lowden wrote:
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:43:34 -0500, "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
wrote:

1) there is no function to determine if a data type is a fixed-length
type

token.c:static int tds_get_varint_size(int datatype);

Will that do?

No, but the macro is_fixed_type (tds.h) will... cs_convert seems to be using the tds data type values instead of the CS_xxx_TYPE values, so that will work.

I'm adding a function to return the size of a fixed length, suitable for passing to malloc.

It is a pretty easy fix if the src_type and dest_type are the same, which in my case, they always are. Otherwise, it goes down to the tds conversion functions, where I'm more hesitant to change things since they can effect dblib and odbc.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin