freetds - [freetds] Build in RH 8.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Marco W. Giammarinaro" <marco AT gemofthesea.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Build in RH 8.0
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 07:13:25 -0800

Pardon my ignorance, but I can't get FreeTDS 0.6x to build in Red Hat 8.0
(Psyche).
./configure reports a bad interpreter: no such file or directory.
sh ./configure reports command not found2 and a syntax error at line 20.

While ruinning Autoconf a warning message:
configure.in:55 AC_ARG_PROGRAM invoked multiple times

./configure now runs with the following errors
:command not foundmissing: line 5:
:command not foundmissing: line 10:
:command not foundmissing: line 15:
:command not foundmissing: line 20:

then it indicates missing script is too old and finally an error
cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

Any suggestions? I updated Autoconf, libtool, Automake, make, ...

I have no hair left!

Thanks,

Marco